Punk the Monk
RACE DAY REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SITE ON 03.05.16 from 8:45a to 9:45a.
PUNK THE MONK PRESENTS
THE MONKPIRE STRIKES BACK!
What in the what?
You've had three years of punking the Monk. This year it's time for the Monk to strike back!
The 4th Annual Punk the Monk Trail Run is a 5k-ish (closer to 3.5 miles) trail run and challenge all in one.
The trail run will take place on the amazing trails of Lakewood Forest Preserve in Wauconda, IL. The trail will be a great mix of single track, multi-track, and natural surface (grass and crushed rock). The course offers some of the most fun terrain we’ve been able to find. There are some technical sections that will test your trail running skills as you’ll be dodging roots, downed trees, twists and turns, and other natural obstacles that will make this race crazier than Nick Nolte’s hair in his infamous mug shot.
The challenge will be to punk the Monk! Our race director will be running this race in a monk costume. In year's past the only goal was to beat the Monk on an individual level. THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT!
The Monk will start the trail run in dead last place. IF HE IS ABLE TO BEAT 50% OF THE RUNNERS, then no one gets an extra finisher's award. IF 50% OR MORE OF THE RUNNERS BEAT THE MONK, then everyone gets an extra finisher's award. Strategize amongst yourselves!
The trail run will be at 10a on Saturday, March 5, 2016 at Lakewood Forest Preserve.
Event schedule is as follows:
- February 27, 2016
- Pre-race email goes out to all registered runners with race day information
- March 5, 2016
- 8:30a to 9:45a - Race Day packet pick up on site
- 10a - Trail Run begins
WHAT DO I GET?
All runners will receive:
- Punk the Monk gender specific technical shirt
- Punk the Monk pint glass at the finish
- Punk the Monk custom race bib with your name or nickname (must register by February 20, 2016)
- Free locally crafted beer (for those of legal age) from our friends at Pipeworks Brewing Company.
- Free Chicago dog (vegan option will be available) from our friends at Chubby Weiners.
- Free soft drinks, and snacks
- If 50% of the runners beat the Monk then everyone will receive a special “I Punked the Monk” award at the finish!
OFFICIAL CHARITY PARTNER
We are proud to be partnering with the Illinois Chapter of the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association. All of our 2015 trail runs will benefit local families who are affected by Prader-Willi Syndrome.
Registration schedule is as follows:
- $30 until November 27, 2015.
- $35 until February 1, 2016.
- $40 until race day.
RACE DAY REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 8:45a to 9:45a.