Nearly Sane Trail Half Marathon
RACE DAY REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SITE FROM 7a to 7:45a!
Because 13.1 Is Only Half Insane.
Runners are all a bit crazy. We spend our Saturdays doing long runs, strategize about negative splits, wake up sweating at 3am worrying about whether or not our GPS watch is charging, tape our nipples, pee in bottles while in starting corrals, and have a million other oddities that make us runners. But we can all agree that running 26.2 miles is clearly insane. Running 13.1? Nearly insane, but also nearer to sanity than attempting to recapitulate Pheidippides’ crazy route to Athens!
The near-insanity will begin at 8am on Sunday, August 28, 2016.
WHAT DO I GET?
All runners will receive:
- A Gender Specific Nearly Sane Tech Shirt
- Custom Race Bib With Name/Nickname (must register at least two weeks before the run)
- Nearly Sane Bottle Opener
- Custom Nearly Sane Finisher's Medal
- A 13.1 Car Decal
- Free Locally Crafted Beer (for all runners of legal age) from Pipeworks Brewing Company
- Free Chicago Dog (vegan options available) from Chubby Wieners
Top 3 Overall Male and Female receive prizes.
The 4th Annual Nearly Sane Trail Half Marathon will be 13.1 miles through the trails of Half Day Forest Preserve, onto the trails of the Des Plaines River trail and back to the festival area where you can enjoy your well-deserved beer and hot dog! The start/finish area will be located at Shelter C of Half Day Forest Preserve in Lake County and take place on the beautiful trails of Lake County, which are some of the best that Chicagoland has to offer! This will be a great trail race for new trail runners, but also be fun enough to satisfy the seasoned trail runner.
The following course route (posted in two parts: route out and route in) has been approved by the Lake County Forest Preserve District.
OFFICIAL CHARITY PARTNER
We are proud to be partnering with the Illinois Chapter of the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association. All of our 2015 trail runs will benefit local families who are affected by Prader-Willi Syndrome.
August 14, 2016
- Final day to register and receive a custom bib.
August 21, 2016
- Pre-race email will be sent to all registered runners.
August 28, 2015
- 7am to 7:45am - packet pick up
- 8am - half marathon begins
- 9am - post race party begins
- 10am - overall and age group winners announced
- 2pm - post race party closes
- $50 until November 27, 2015
- $60 until March 31, 2016
- $65 until May 31, 2916
- $70 until race day